• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. R

King Cole Perambulators

This is wonderful. I don't know how you all link up, but it seems to me that there are several cousins/ grand-children of Thomas Henry Cole who may or may not be in contact with each other. My link is that my son is married to one of Malcolm's daughters. Malcolm is the son of Helen Cole. Does...
  2. R

King Cole Perambulators

Hello Pippin. Thank you SO much!!! Malcolm will be thrilled. I've just finished my morning chores and found this from you.
  3. R

King Cole Perambulators

Thanks for that. I didn't know. Regards, Roma.
  4. R

King Cole Perambulators

Hello again, Pippin. If it is of use/help, Very much looking forward to hearing from you again. Cheers. Roma.
  5. R

King Cole Perambulators

Hello again, Pippin. I can't believe you have a poster of King Cole Prams. I've been trying for ages to get some more information about the company. I would absolutely love it if you are able to let me see an image of the poster. I'll do some more research about the family tree tomorrow and get...
  6. R

King Cole Perambulators

Hello Pippin, So wonderful to hear from you! I had almost given up hope of anyone knowing anything about King Cole Prams. My friend is the son of Helen Cole, so she must have been your grand-father's little sister. I was building Malcolm a family tree (on Ancestry.com) but I haven't looked at it...
  7. R

Midland Red

This newspaper article (undated) was sent to me by a member of the Trigg family, who now lives in Vermont. The remarkable, long service by members of the Trigg family with the Midland Red must surely be a record. I would be very interested to discover if anyone has any more information about the...
  8. R

Help in uploading a newspaper article.

Hello. New(ish) member. Not very tech savvy. I have a very interesting newspaper article about Midland Red, when it was using horse drawn carriages. It was sent to me by a member of the Trigg family, who now lives in Vermont, but the article refers to a 174 year service connection with the Trigg...
  9. R

King Cole Perambulators

Can anyone remember King Cole Perambulators/Prams? It was established by Arthur Henry Cole in the 1890s. I think it was in Digbeth. Arthur Cole was listed in the 1939 register as being a "retired" perambulator manufacturer, but a friend of mine remembers the company still operating in the 1950s...
  10. R

King Cole Perambulators

Wow. That's a quick response. Many thanks. Yes, I'm fairly sure the Digbeth company wold be the same. Also, you are quite right about the beer retailer. Arthur Cole was in the 1901 census as a beer retailer. Bit of an entrepreneur! A family friend can remember Arthur's wife or daughter sewing...
  11. R

King Cole Perambulators

Does anyone have any information about King Cole Perambulators? Arthur Cole was listed in 1911 as living in Aston and being a perambulator retailer. I am researching the Cole family for friends. Any help would be much appreciated. Roma.
Back