• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. O

Benjamin Morgan's Pearl Works or Morgan's Buildings, MacDonald Street

Thank you, so many questions are being answered. Sadly I cannot see any court numbers on the census to show where my Ingram's lived, but its good to have some idea of roughly where they were. I couldn't reconcile MacDonald road being in a completely different part of the city, but the renaming...
  2. O

Thank you so much all of you for your help. The maps are fantastic. Also thanks for clearing up the Well Street puzzle. I'm going to take some time to digest things ... but will no doubt be back again with more daft questions.
  3. O

My Ingram family were at 12 Ct 9H Lower Tower St in the 1851 census & at a court (no number) off MacDonald St in 1861. (I'm given to understand that Lower Tower St would have been closer to Summer Lane than MacDonald St - please excuse me not having a clue). Perhaps Mr Morgan had two "pearl...
  4. O

Thank you for getting back to me. I've found a lot about Summer Lane, but not so much about MacDonald Street.
  5. O

I'm new here so please forgive me if I have posted this in the wrong place. My family (Ingram) were pearl workers, living in a court off MacDonald Street in the 1850/60's. I found a newspaper article (1858) linking one of them to an accident at "the pearl ornament works of Mr. Benjamim I...
  6. O

Pubs in Bartholomew Street (Little Italy)

Hello, I can see the Nutbrown trail going cold here ... but if you are still there ... I'm related to Eliza Ingram, sister of Priscilla Ingram, who married George Nutbrown. I'd love to get in touch.
Back