• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. M

Hope Lodge, Edgbaston

TO ALL AND SUNDRY. For the sake of my mental health and bad temper I have had to give up trying to get back into Facebook, Malcolm
  2. M

Hope Lodge, Edgbaston

That is a v good idea, will keep you posted.
  3. M

Hope Lodge, Edgbaston

Hi Brenda, I can't use a mobile phone where I live now, its not an Iphone and the Internet signal is v low, I think these big organisations don't appreciate that we are all technonerds and that a lot of us have low strength, but will keep trying. I might open a new email address and use it...
  4. M

Hope Lodge, Edgbaston

TO ALL AND SUNDRY.....HAVE RECENTLY DISCOVERED AN ASSOCIATION FOR ADOPTEES, KNOWN AS THE I A A P, THE INTERNATIONAL ASSOCIATION FOR ADOPTED PEOPLE, SOUNDS A BIT HIGH FLYING
  5. M

Hope Lodge, Edgbaston

This is a request to anyone who was born at Hope Lodge and is illegitimate. If anyone has any details of any sort of society that caters for adopted people then please let me know. Regards to all Malcolm/Robin.
  6. M

Hope Lodge, Edgbaston

Hi Sylvia, thanks for the reply. The problem is that the paperwork is in poor condition so can't read it properly, But I have now been told that it was a maternity unit so thats a problem solved. Thanks M/R
  7. M

Hope Lodge, Edgbaston

I would like to go to Edgbaston! The new/updated apts at the old Hope Lodge look good, otherwise, down south, Maypole/Wythall way. Malcolm.
  8. M

Hope Lodge, Edgbaston

Hi Brenda T, Yes I have all my A Papers but not in very good condition and can't read anything about where I was born BUT you have answered my query, when you say it was a Maternity Home! I have a lot of details of my birth mother and father, I posted my details asking for help tracing them and...
  9. M

Hope Lodge, Edgbaston

Hello Fellow B H F Members. I am a new boy having joined this morning and am after info re Hope Lodge please. I was born on 15th September, 1941, and was told I was born at Hope Lodge but now I have my doubts, were people actually born their? My birth was registered in the name...Malcolm...
Back