• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. B

Springhill Ice rink Summerhill Road

Another one taken Wyndley Pool I believe, surprising what you find when you decide to have a clear out. Trouble is it all goes back again!!
  2. B

Baron, yes that is an improvment, thankyou, they were good & happy times. I married a none skater so apart from taking my children to Silver Blades my skating days were finished, we divorced after 25 years & some time after I literally bumped into a "lad" I had met all those years previously at...
  3. B

Hello All, I have just found this photo, written on the back is July 17 1954, me again on the left, no idea who the boy is, may be some one may recognize him, sorry its not very good quaiity
  4. B

Our family tree: Weddings

My parents wedding 1935 Howard Bourne & Mary Doreen Parker daughter of Alfred Parker & Emily May Parker nee Bigland, who are on the left of the photo
  5. B

Emily May Bigland & Alfred Parker again with brides maids & best man
  6. B

My Grandparents wedding Alfred Parker & Emily May Bigland 1916
  7. B

Any ideas about where my Great Garanfather may be buried

Have found out that Handsworth Cemetery didn't open until 1909, my Grt Grandfather died in 1898, so he's not there
  8. B

Astonian Thanks I will ring them to-morrow
  9. B

Amanda, Thanks I will try that leslam I have checked news papers & only found one that reported his death but nothing in the obituaries
  10. B

Moseley Road Baths

Re: Moseley Road Baths, August 2009 I remember Mrs Yates as during the 1960's my 3 children went to swimming lessons on a Saturday afternoon
  11. B

Suzanne Yes, I have but thanks for the offer
  12. B

Wendy, Thank you I will give that a try, I do know he wouldn't be in a family grave as he came from Cornwall with his mother & step-father in the 1870's,I have checked in Cornwall on the off chance he may have been taken back there but no
  13. B

Mike, Yes, he died in an accident at work, (Great Tindall Street) I have the croroners report of his inquest & a newspaper cutting senoraruz, Thanks I will try that
  14. B

My Great Grandfather died in 1898 his address at the time was 2 B/O 238 King Edwards Road which I believe was in the Ladywood area I have tried Key Hill, Warstone Lane, Witton & Lodge Hill (this being where his wife was buried in 1927) but he has not been found at any of these cemetries, I would...
  15. B

Key Hill Cemetery

Wendy, Cheers!
  16. B

Key Hill Cemetery

Many thanks Brian
  17. B

Key Hill Cemetery

Wendy, Many many thanks your a star, is there a map of Warston Lane available?
  18. B

Key Hill Cemetery

Can some kind person have a look for a burial in Key Hill for a Mary Ashford 1846 reg. 4797 & is there any others in the grave Also some in Warstone Lane Edwin Bigland reg 1874 reg 17809, Harriet Clara Bigland 1879 reg 25764, Mary Bigland 1889 reg 39860, Mary Elizabeth Bigland 1880 reg 27580...
  19. B

Key Hill Cemetery

Many thanks for the picture of the chapel, makes you wonder what they were thinking of when it was demolished, so much for progress
  20. B

Nazareth House

Pollypops Thank you for posting the old photo of the Island at Longbridge, it must have been taken pre about 1952 as I think it was around then that the last tram ran. Nazarath House was the bulding you can see just above the tram shelters, Nazareth House also had a lot of farm land which...
Back