• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. K

OLD BIRMINGHAM PHOTOS FROM STEVEBHx

The Mr (George) Barton mentioned is my 3 x great grandfather, in most references I have the house is referred to as "The Vintage", including the 1881, 1891 and 1901 census. On the 1891 and 1901 census Vintage cottage is listed separately: 1891 1901 Also this newpaper article, if you want to...
  2. K

Location ideas, Northfield?

Thanks, just had a look on street view and I agree, the upper windows are spot on!
  3. K

Thanks Grea - yes I think I have come across this webpage and the building next door (Boots) definitely matches, also a little further down the road is the Launderette that I think was linked to my family so the picture would makes sense.
  4. K

Could anyone help with the location of these photos? The garage I believe was on Bristol Road South Northfield and the other two were in the same set of slides from the early to mid 1960s so I am wondering if they were near by.
Back