• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. D

WITTON ROAD

Thanks much appreciated amazing shop at the time
  2. D

WITTON ROAD

HI sorry the dates are 1970 - 1981 I worked for James Nuttall the used furniture shop near the traffic lights witton road and trinity road opposite to Jardine's cycles i also remember Stan Taylor the ex villa player had a sports shop
  3. D

WITTON ROAD

Can anyone let me know the name of the shop that used to sell air fix models and the likes on witton road also there was a tool shop on the RH Side i think it was called Sam Troughs OR Bobs hardware
  4. D

Canterbury Road Canterbury Cross Schools

lovely photos i remember in one of them arches was Mr Sainsburys office not that I was familiar with lol I remember a dinner lady called Betty Stamps know to us as Auntie Betty another one was Mrs Casswell my mom used to give our tucker money to Auntie Betty and she walked us too school as she...
  5. D

Family in Davey Road, Aston and Perry Barr

couild be Mr chekzof the had a son called peter i think
  6. D

Kenilworth Road Handsworth

I lived in kenilworth Road from 1965- 1981 shame i have no photos though i remember most of our nieghbours names Mr Eccelston Mr Steele Mr Coates on the Broadway you had the butchers shop /hardware store i always remember Mrs Bradley in the sweet shop Next to the ladies outfitters and Mr...
Back