• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. Andy1

Reservoir Road, Erdington - Fuel Spillage 1950's / 1960's ?

Hello, bit of a long shot here. My father told me of a time when my my mum stopped the traffic in both directions on Reservoir Road, Erdington following a fuel spillage. She managed to stop the traffic approaching from both ways until emergency services arrived, as a discarded cigarette end...
  2. Andy1

Lewis & Randall Ltd - Architectural & Industrial Photographers- later John Whybrow Ltd

Good morning, was just looking for information on the above photographers if possible. I've been fortunate enough to come by two photographs by the above. They are currently set within separate frames, and I haven't broken the seal on the back of the frames to examine the photos in further...
  3. Andy1

Anderson Shelters in existence today

Just wanted to ask out of interest how many members still have an Anderson Shelter in their back garden? I have one that is dilapidated now, but if things go to plan, I will soon be having another one under my radar. I'm starting to think there are more in existence than I originally thought.
  4. Andy1

Jobborn, Francis & Ravenhall - metalwork company - Aston.

Hi, bit of a long shot, but worth a go. I'm trying to find anyone who has any information on a partnership fomed approx 70 years ago. Partners were Albert Edward Jobborn, Arthur Edward Francis, Edward Ravehall. A metalwork company, I believe it ceased trading around 1976. My...
Back