• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. S

Court Oak, Harborne

I worked at the Court Oak Harborne as an 18 year old bar man in 1975/76, before it was knocked about into a 1 room Goliath. It had a public bar, gents only bar, an outdoor where you could buy jugs of beer to take home, a smoking room, cocktail bar, lounge bar and a function suite, it hosted many...
  2. S

Mitchell's & Butler's Ltd.

Best of luck with that one, I imagine Coors might have them in Burton as they took the brewing arm of Bass, I doubt the M& B Offices in Brum would know nothing of them as they are just a brand now.
  3. S

The Court Oak Harborne.

I worked at the Court Oak as an 18 year old bar man in 1975/76, before it was knocked about into a 1 room Goliath. It had a public bar, gents only bar, an outdoor where you could buy jugs of beer to take home, a smoking room, cocktail bar, lounge bar and a function suite, it hosted many huge...
  4. S

Mitchell's & Butler's Ltd.

I worked for M&B in the early 80’s in the design office of the Chief Architect, John Bourne, a gentleman of the old school. In my time there I was lucky to have access to the M&B photographic archive of the huge building programme of the 1920’s with some of the most iconic pubs featuring...
  5. S

Lordswood Boys' Technical School

Thinking of the school and it facilities, for the time we had a good well equipped school, learning to drive in the minis was a treat, working with a forge, anvil, machines that could remove fingers, an observatory which could monitor the stars and look into the windows of the flats in posh...
  6. S

I was at LBGTS from December 69 to June 76, so a little more recent that most of the posts above, we had so many memorable teachers, some good times and some forgettable experiences mostly to do with adhoc corporal punishment which never did me any harm but stung a bit at the time, main...
  7. S

When I was there between 69 and 76 Mr Harrington, TD master was known as Fruitbowl
Back