• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. S

East Meadway 1956.

All the Best Colin.
  2. S

East Meadway 1956.

Yes, Colin, I loved school, although we did go bankrupt, hence leaving the area ! I think a second drapers shop opened called ‘Bobbies’? (Middle of the parade) ...the parade couldn’t sustain two shops the same. We lived above the shop at East Meadway. It was next door to Billinghams Sweetie...
  3. S

East Meadway 1956.

I’ve asked her the question, but she doesn’t seem to remember anything I bring up about our childhood so we may never know !
  4. S

East Meadway 1956.

You may have crossed paths with my older sister, born in 1947. Janice Clarke? The son of the caretaker of the boys Grammar (Central) was in my year and we used to go and play in the gym during school hols.....I bet that doesn’t happen now ! I’ll ask her if she recalls you or Barbara. Great...
  5. S

East Meadway 1956.

I was at Shirestone 1956 - 1962/3. We left the area and, although my sister stayed at Byng Kendrick, sadly, I went to Grammar School in Solihull. Missed my Shirestone mates! Yes Miss Pullen was great, class teacher one year (old 4th. Year I think?). Mr. Penny was headmaster, I only had to...
  6. S

East Meadway 1956.

My Dad and Mum had CLARKE’S Drapers shop next to Sweet shop. I think it’s a funeral parlour now. I lived there 1954 to 1962, went to Shirestone.
Back