• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. P

Winson Green / All Saints Asylum

as an 8/9 year old I worked at the swop shop (Alfs) helping Alf in the shop. On Thursday evening we would travel around the area filling up cigarette machines that belonged to Alf. We would fill up the machine with either No6 plain or filtered and remove the money. Alf had a Jaguar car. I lived...
  2. P

Alderlea Secondary School

I attended Alderlea from 1966 until 1968. I lived on the Heathway and walked to school everyday. I remember the metal work teacher Mr Graham, our 1st 2 lessons on Monday morning was metal work, followed by our presence being required by Mr Reeves for our weekly 6 of the best. Happy days!!!!. By...
  3. P

Summerfield Park

we lived in Winson Green road opposite the school from 1958 until 1966 and we regularly went to summerfield park on on bonfire night. Bob Wilson fun fair was always there. It was a great park and a short cut to Rotton Park res.
  4. P

Alderlea Secondary School

I went to Alderlea from 1966 to 1968 and I remember those 2 years very well. My class mate and friend was a guy named Pete Millechamp. Our first lessons on Monday morning was double metalwork Mr Graham and without fail the head boy would call for me and my mate to see Mr Reeve for 6 of the best...
  5. P

The Kingstanding

I remember the old Kingstanding pub back from the late 50's. My mom's family drank there (Cox) and my dad's family(Conlon) and is where my mom and dad met. As a small child I would stand in the passage between the bar and toilet and wait for a relative to go to the toilet and I would usually...
  6. P

Sacks of potatoes

i had a friend in the early 60's whose parents had this pub. I think his name was Raymond spears?. All a bit vague now!!!.
Back