• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. J

Washwood Heath Road

Used to live on chetwynd road, chemist on the corner and a sweet shop at the end ,sure the chemist was called Ivor ,fix anything even a broken arm .
  2. J

Alum Rock Rd - Ward End area

Lived in chetwynd road , went to sladefied road, Thornton road , and then the big boys school burney Lane, from mid 70s onwards , form teacher at burney Lane was a lady called miss diahl I seem to remember firm but fair , suffers terribly with migraine . First love was Kay brelsford .. love the...
  3. J

Bull Ring 1960s - 1980s

Well that made me chuckle, my dad never seemed to get on with any of his brothers so used to send me and my sister for our Sunday salad, Nancy always used to slip us a few pennies for donuts just above by the carasal. Happy days.
  4. J

Bull Ring 1960s - 1980s

Hello all , bit new to this so please forgive. My uncle George used to have a fruit and veg stall ,was more or less run by a women called Nancy , Any more info would be appreciated .late 70s I think .
Back