• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. S

George Dixons Grammar School

Hi Steve, I haven’t seen a post from anyone who’s name I remember/recognise, from the time I was at Five Ways. I don’t check this site very often, as a result.
  2. S

Hardy Spicers Ltd

Hi Phil, I did my apprenticeship at Salisbury Transmissions, Hardy Spicer trade school for 1 year but I think I was there earlier than you 1961 to 1966.
  3. S

the ratpan trinity rd aston

Hi Big Gee, was the son called Paul Best?
  4. S

I knew the previous landlord of the Guild. His name was Billy Best and he had a son, Paul. I lived on Beacon Hill.
  5. S

I wasn’t that bright, started and ended in the C stream. Also went to 5Ways, I think we were the first to occupy but I’m not sure.
  6. S

Agreed the Ratpan was the Upper Grounds Hotel
  7. S

Victoria Road Swimming Baths

Hi Big Gee, Roger Perks here. I’d love to find out who you are particularly after your mention of me in your post. I live in Australia and have done so since 1970. I hope this post gets to you. Rog
  8. S

Hi David, I was at GD from 1957 to 1962. I’ve only just found this forum so I thought I’d post a comment to see who else is still around.
Back