• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. DMR

Man on the moon pub.

Brilliant. Thank you
  2. DMR

Man on the moon pub.

Thank you. I’m after photos of that night particularly, hoping to spot some family members in them
  3. DMR

Man on the moon pub.

My aunt had a dress made out of a Union Jack, a glamorous gown, & their were lots of Americans there, Cadillacs in the car park etc ( presumably from the brewery) the staff were standing on pallets behind the bar as they were paddling in beer.
  4. DMR

Man on the moon pub.

Wow this brings back memories, thank you. They kept their Alsatians on the flat roof at the back you can see. One got so agitated at the sheep in the field out the back he jumped down..... I used to put my sister in the food lift and send her up and down from the kitchen upstairs to the pub...
  5. DMR

Man on the moon pub.

Hello, thanks for your message. Yes they did manage the longbridge either before or after my other aunt and uncle Eileen and ted ash. Sadly Marie May and Albert daughter died aged 13 she was struck by lightening out horse riding by the man on the moon. I don’t know what happened to Paul when he...
  6. DMR

Man on the moon pub.

Hi lyn I’ve just looked it up and it’s redditch Rd b38 says kings norton but I’m sure they used to call it rednall , perhaps boundaries have changed?
  7. DMR

Man on the moon pub.

Hi, my aunt and uncle Mary & Albert Plumpton managed this pub in the 1960s. They changed the name from man in the moon to man on the moon at the time of the first ”moon landing”. That was quite a spectacular occasion. Does anyone have any memories from around this time? I’d love to see some...
  8. DMR

Bolton Road, Sparkbrook

Hello, I think I was born in Bolton Rd. Does anyone recall the REES family? Tom, Millie, Gillian, Susan? The other family name was Ash, Caroline, Linda, Ted & Mary. I think they had a shop their at some point I recall my Nan telling me about faggotts & peas she used to make to sell in the shop...
Back