• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. B

Ward St off Bracebridge St Aston.

Thank you for answers i haven't been to the Aston area for many years very surprised Ward St is still there. I was born in Blews St near Lancaster Bridge in 1937.
  2. B

brearley street newtown.

Hi Astoness i lived in Ward St off Brearly St and worked for Elkingtons.
  3. B

Aston, Lozells & Witton Photos Reposted thanks to Ray Griffiths...

Hi Lyn the pub you mensioned was the Golden Cross i used to work for Ansells in the 60S and used to drink in the Golden Cross HAPPY MEMORIES.
  4. B

Bracebridge Street

Hi Sylviasyers My father and mother in law kept the Vine pub in Bracebridge St in the 50s There NAMES WERE JACK and Leah Conboy.The pawn shop was facing the pub and the traffic lights was on the corner of Aston Rd.
  5. B

Restaurants In Birmingham 1960s

I remember the Chinese restaurant called the Green Dragon on the corner of James Watt St and Corparation St.
  6. B

High Street Aston

You a;so had Zissmans clothes shop opposite the BRMB studios
  7. B

Aston, Lozells & Witton Photos Reposted thanks to Ray Griffiths...

I think the GEC was on Witton road.
  8. B

Pubs And Clubs Of The 70s And 80s

Does anyone remember the Red Lion in old meeting St
  9. B

High Street Aston

I used to have all my suits tailor made at Goulds tailors50's60's
  10. B

Ward St off Bracebridge St Aston.

I left Kingstanding in 1940 when I was 3years of age and moved into Ward St with a couple named Bob and Molly Wallace does anyone know of them.
  11. B

Newtown

I lived in John St the other side of Newtown Row i the late 40's 50's..
  12. B

Birmingham Nightclubs of the Past - Memories

You also had Edwards 7 and eight clubs. the Rock pub in new Canal St The black cat Newtown row Aston
  13. B

Pubs And Clubs Of The 70s And 80s

Used the Royal George many times in the 6os 70s It is surprising how many of our pubs have closed through development.
  14. B

Ansells Brewery

I knew Ken very well he foreman over bottling side making sure the trucks was loaded properly.I tjink we was on about £25 a week wages but it was a great job. there was also his son in law but can't remember his name
  15. B

Ansells Brewery

It was called the Holt brewery witch belonged to Ansells brewery
  16. B

Tubes Limited

I used to load my truck with tubes to be delivered all over the country that was in the 60s.
Back