• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. sheronb

Raised by Nuns??

My cousin's mother was supposedly raised by the Nuns, which Nuns we would love to find out! She was born in 1901 had 2 younger sisters. The family is on the 1911 census, so this gives us a rough time period of between 1911-1920? Besides Father Hudsons in Coleshill does anyone know of any...
  2. sheronb

The Globe Inn Hope St 1891

Doing my friends tree, her ancester James Crompton ran this pub in 1891........Does anyone have any old photos or info on this pub, would be lovely to give to my friend:)Many thanks.
  3. sheronb

Fox Street

Fox St in the old Italian Quarter in town, my grandmother was born here in 1908. I have the book Bella Brum, which has photos of Bartholomew st, but not Fox St, wondering if anyone has one? Many thanks.
  4. sheronb

Finding Sparks grave at Key Hill?

I probally should know this:rolleyes:but here goes! I'm looking to locate the grave of this lady: 1918 : SPARKS Jane Sophia Register no: 50922 No. in group: 5 Place : Key Hill cemetery Town: Birmingham...
  5. sheronb

Looking for George Baker in Warstone Cemetery

I am looking for the tomb/grave of George Baker, born 1815, died feb 1895, he is buried at Warstone, he was a wire manufactuer, and had factories in Cecil St, then chester st Aston, he also lived at The Grove, Grove Lane, Handsworth, which was sold to Handsworth council in the 1880s, and became...
  6. sheronb

Tailor apprenticeship records

I am off to the library to hopefully look at the tailor records from St Marys Harbourne. Has anyone ever seen these, I'd like to know what info they hold. Many thanks.
  7. sheronb

Waterloo Street Birmingham

Hope I posted this in the right place! I am hoping to find any photos of Waterloo St in town, from the 1890s or early 1900s. Thank you.
  8. sheronb

Tailor apprentice records?

Does anyone know if there are any to be found in birmingham?
  9. sheronb

Ore St?

I did a look up at the library, baptism Jane Cox, 5th dec 1831 at St Philips, the street, was hard to read looked like Ore or One? st, any ideals please?
  10. sheronb

Church close to Howard Place, King St,Aston?

Bit vague this, am looking for my great grandfather baptism, he was born 1888, don't even have his parents marriage to go on, as it seems they never married! Does anyone know King St? And any churches nearby? Bit of a long shot I know!
  11. sheronb

Churches close to Inge/Oxford St?

Hi All. I am off to Birmingham library next week, and am looking for my Lardens, baptisms, from the late 1830-1850s, in the 1840/50s, they lived in Inge and Oxford St, Joseph Larden got married (3 times!) at St Philips, and 2 wives and one child were buried at St Marys Whittall St. I am going...
  12. sheronb

Smallwood Baptisms at St Martins.

Momap, kindly found me the marriage of Florence Battle and Jospeh Arthur Smallwood, in 1903 at St Martins, I have the births of 2 (early) children, Joseph Arthur in 1905 and Christopher in 1907, could someone please see if they and any others were baptised at St Martins please, would like to se...
  13. sheronb

Which Church Next???

I have been trying to find the baptism of Thomas Larden, born early 1900s, and his siblings, 11? of them, while most of the birth regs I have found, including my granddad Albert in 1912, Thomases birth is no where to be found! They lived in the Grant St,Bell Barn Rd part of Birmingham(Edgbaston)...
  14. sheronb

New Oscott Cemetery

Does anyone know of this cemetery? Can't seem to find any info on it, St Peters RC (Broad St)buriels were re buried there.
  15. sheronb

Birmingham Civilian Dead.

I have just found this, so apologies if already posted, its the Civilian War Dead on CWGC: https://www.cwgc.org/search/cemetery_details.aspx?cemetery=4004772&mode=1 There's 2147.:(
  16. sheronb

Another St Martins look up please

Ok, I have Geroge Titmus baptised on the 30/03/1812, mother Sarah Titmus, then the next day, Sarah marries William Arnett!! Can anyone just check, and see what if any extra info there is? I think sarah, who marries the next day, must be Georges mom?? surely!! Many thanks!
  17. sheronb

Larden Baptisms please.

Joseph James Larden married 3 times, at St Philips, buried a couple of his wives and 1 child at St Mary Whittell St. The first two children Eliza and Jane Sophia were baptised at St Philips, but can't find the rest there, maybe they are at St Martins? From 1830-1852.Can someone check please...
  18. sheronb

St Gabriel's Italian Church Deritend

According to the army pensions my great grandfather James Henry battle was married here on the 16th April 1911, by the parish priest!! Now looking at this site: https://www.bham.de/index_churches.html I can see no mention of a RC St Gabriels??? does anyone know of it? This family was before...
  19. sheronb

A Baptism look up please.

A Richard or Burnard Battle, he changes his name, no birth reg for him to be found!! He was born abt 1859,father was Thomas, mother Mary Ann Turner, siblings were William born abt 1853, Mary Ann, abt 1862, James abt 1864, Elizabeth abt 1870, and Rebecca 25/12/1874. This is really a long shot...
  20. sheronb

Seamans Mission Bridge St.

Off Holliday St, my cousins father was baptised there with his siblings in the 1920/30s by missionairies!! Has anyone heard of this, and has any info? Googling it, brings up nothing.
Back