• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. sheronb

Burials of deceased from Western Road Infirmary

Thanks for that very useful.
  2. sheronb

St Peter's Chapel St Peter's Place

Does anyone know when they stopped burials at St Peters? Tried to google but no luck.
  3. sheronb

Yes will do thanks.
  4. sheronb

Thanks for this Mister, I have been looking for my g,g,grandfather's burial he was Italian and died in 1913, maybe he was there. Be interesting to see if Birmingham library still has the names somewhere of who was moved.
  5. sheronb

Which Cemetery

There is still Yardley, Lodge Hill to search, quiet possible if they lived in Balsall Heath. They are still around! Only way I know is too search at the library though.
  6. sheronb

Raised by Nuns??

Ok thanks Sue.
  7. sheronb

Raised by Nuns??

Hello Sue, thank you very much. We think her maiden name was Baker, there is a marriage in the late 1890s to a George Frederick Wheeler. Florence was Florence Lilian on her marriage cert with the above father, and he left her and the others, Ellen at least abt £161 -ish in 1928, he died...
  8. sheronb

Raised by Nuns??

Thanks Aston for that, yes I have looked under Lilian no joy as yet.
  9. sheronb

Raised by Nuns??

Thank you Bernie, that's a fantastic photo!
  10. sheronb

Raised by Nuns??

Thank you Sistersue, there is a link there to Father Hudsons, will email them. Bernie, the names are Florence Lilian Wheeler, born 1901, this is my cousins mother, her sisters were Doris born 1902, Ellen(Helen) born 1905 and Eva born 1909. Besides Ellen the other sisters were not known to my...
  11. sheronb

Raised by Nuns??

My cousin's mother was supposedly raised by the Nuns, which Nuns we would love to find out! She was born in 1901 had 2 younger sisters. The family is on the 1911 census, so this gives us a rough time period of between 1911-1920? Besides Father Hudsons in Coleshill does anyone know of any...
  12. sheronb

Waterloo Street Birmingham

That's great, thanks for that.
  13. sheronb

The Globe Inn Hope St 1891

Thank you Mike and Phil.
  14. sheronb

Yes it is wonderful Astoness.
  15. sheronb

Oh fantastic!! Can't wait to show my friend!
  16. sheronb

Thanks Phil.
  17. sheronb

Are you related Michael? It's the 1847 James Alfred the 1873 one is his son. I have done a little research got Robert as the elder one's father.Sorry how silly of me, can see that you are how exciting!
  18. sheronb

Doing my friends tree, her ancester James Crompton ran this pub in 1891........Does anyone have any old photos or info on this pub, would be lovely to give to my friend:)Many thanks.
  19. sheronb

Fox Street

Thanks Guilbert and Ellbrown.
  20. sheronb

Fox Street

Thank you Ellbrown.
Back