• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. O

MEM Tyseley

No I can't, but have remembered the other person on the switchboard. Her first name was Silvie I think, lived in Shirley? When I went for my interview I was greeted by Sue Pemberton who was receptionist.
  2. O

MEM Tyseley

Hi I worked @ MEM Reddings Lane 1972/1982. Firstly the pension scheme was the Delta pension scheme 1974. I believe Delta Metals have been taken over. My suggestion would be try and find out the company who took Delta over. MEM Reddings Lane was head office. They had sites in Spring Road , Kings...
  3. O

MEM Tyseley

Where do you work now. Maybe when all this over have a meet talk about MEM? Yes married 1983. Cannot believe you stayed that long. You remember Mary, she lost her husband some years ago. She lives not far from me. She said she sees you/ contacts you always said remind me to you. What was it like...
  4. O

MEM Tyseley

Hi Lesley the girl with silver nail polish 7 always a smile. Sill got the blond hair, but not so much of. Did you ever settle down?
  5. O

MEM Tyseley

Do you remember Dave Bromhall( sales) & Shelia Barge(switchboard) I still see them on occasions. On the switch board along with Sheila, was Sandra & another lady whose name I cannot remember. She was always dressed well. In the buying office was Jim Cox, who I still see but will not speak too...
  6. O

MEM Tyseley

Hi Bev no not on Facebook. Yes I remember Doris Cave very well. A small rather thin lady, but a great laugh. What is Leslie upto nowdays?
  7. O

MEM Tyseley

Hi Bev, yes I remember you & Leslie, Reg. First knew your dad working in the stores on inspection, with Fred, Ray Hall, Ted Schilling & Tommy Ball. Your dad then went into the printing department, worked with Bill Jones. As for Leslie she was on one of the assembly lines. Did she ever marry /...
  8. O

MEM Tyseley

Oldgoose the names of the ladies who pushed the tea trolley has come back to me. They where Trixe & Daisy. The waitress in the black & white uniform was called Mary. She brought round the executives / Managers drinks. By the way she did me a cocoa everyday as I did not drink tea or coffee. I...
  9. O

MEM Tyseley

Came across you via this site. Remember the VW EOH 742L silver. Steve & I played snooker @ the MEM club. I also remember Dave & Lynn. Yes I am Ian the blond office jnr.
  10. O

MEM Tyseley

I maybe able to help you. I think the watch you have was Sam's ten year service. The reason I say this I knew a Sam Messenger & I worked in the Purchasing Department 1972-1982. I also believe did he have a brother called Fred. Both of whom I had a very good working relationship. Indeed,whilst I...
  11. O

Thomas Eaves Screws & Rivets Firm

Eric , a name has come back too me Don Hammond. He I believe worked @ T Eaves for a number of years & was I think either General Manager or Director.
  12. O

MEM Tyseley

Mbenne, lovely old photographs of a wonderful Art Deco building. Working in the buying office we saw orders placed for work to be carried out on the building. They tried to keep it in as good a condition as they could. Does anybody remember Albert Wroe yes it is correct, & his mate Mick. They...
  13. O

MEM Tyseley

Elmdon Boy thanks for your reply. Well to answer your question her name was Glennis Fountain worked as Graham Havard's secetary. She was married to Lionel Fountain whose Father was Gordon Fountain in charge of the foundry. I believe Lionel & Glennis live in the Solihull area. Now Richard...
  14. O

Thomas Eaves Screws & Rivets Firm

Hi Eric, I worked in the buying department @ MEM Reddings Lane. Started 1972-1982 & had alot of happy memories of Thomas Eaves. I remember Ken Eagles sales director & I think Bob Holloway not sure. Had a tour of the factory @ Holloway Head remember the belts running the old machinery. They were...
  15. O

MEM Tyseley

I worked in the buying office 1972-1982. Started as office jnr & left as Assistant Buyer. I remember so, so many names, Graham Havard whom I had a lasting friendship after MEM, till his passing four years ago. Jim Cox, Bob Bothwell, Sue Vincent, Anne, John Leeson, Margret Pratty, Margret Knott...
Back