• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. D

Taxi on the roof of New Street Station

Hi Does anyone know anything about a taxi which was blown onto the roof of New Street Station in the Blitz around 1940/1 - any info or even pics would be good.......friend on another forum is looking for info. The incident was witnessed by some RAF guys on leave. Regards Dyan in NZ:newzelandflag:
  2. D

Coastal Command - the forgotten ones

Hi Just would like to say that Coastal Command is one of the forgotten arms of the RAF in War Time, perhaps because of my family connection I am more aware of it than most. My cousin a Erdingtonian was a pilot on the Sunderland Flying boats he was stationed at Pembroke Dock. He is buried in...
  3. D

Indicator Arms before the "winkies"

Okay so how many of you remember the old indicator arms on cars - they usually got stuck and you had to bang the pillar to get them in, my Morrie had them and I had a piece of string attached inside to pull them in. The good old MOT would not like that nowadays. Also hand signals for I am...
  4. D

Hodge Hill Girls Grammar School

Anyone go there? I was one of the foundation pupils as we did not pass 11+ first time round we got another go. If you did perhaps you remember Miss Cherry who was the Domestic Science Teacher - she came to NZ and I kept in touch with her till she died last year, she married George Ready and...
  5. D

The Lyndhurst - Sutton New Rd

I worked there for a few years as a Barmaid at nights - it was a "Prodestant pub", the "Catholic Pub" was the Cross Keys they were either side of Erdington Abbey RC Church - however we had the only Ballroom so on St Pats night it was shall we say "interesting" after a few pints of the old...
Back