• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. G

George Dixons Grammar School

Hello David! Yes 1971 was almost a lifetime ago but curiously my memories of 1964 to 1971 are still quite vivid. In particular I remember watching the first man on the moon landing in 1969 in the lecture theatre. Anyway... I was aware that you qualified as a doctor and I was not in the least...
  2. G

Kevin Burton too!
  3. G

Two more.....Richard Fulford and Robert Jackson!
  4. G

One more....David Hart!
  5. G

Having discovered this site and thread today prompts me to send a 'shout out' to the class of 1971leavers to the extent I can recall them! Fred Kilby, Michael Williams, Graham Howe, Philip Street, Malcolm Ridout, Peter Muller,Clive Frazer, Bill Bonner, Robert Bissell, Peter Gregory, Geoffrey...
  6. G

Hi I guess you are right! In my case it was almost 50 years since I left GD so contextualising memories gets a little harder! So I was there from September 1964 until June 1971. I remember the joining up of the sixth forms with the girls next door in the last year I was there. Not sure it helped...
  7. G

Yes, Fletcher! I remember him well! Most famous saying.., " you dumber - headed lump of green blazered twerpery" Anyone remember being called that? Today the PC brigade would no doubt consider that child abuse!
Back