• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. K

Leaving the chemist

Hi Rowen, That would be wonderful thank you, welcome back : )
  2. K

Wikipedia page for cinema proprietor Joseph Cohen

The second page of the article is here. The Birmingham History forum server is too full apparently.
  3. K

Wikipedia page for cinema proprietor Joseph Cohen

Hi Ell, do you have an update on this? I've attached a Sight and Sound article from 2017 about Joseph Cohen by Ian Francis (Flatpack Festival). Many thanks, Kate
  4. K

Rover Spares and Repairs, Stirchley. Former Art-Deco buildings.

Hello, I can't see the photos in this post. Is it this building here? Is the building still standing? Thank you
  5. K

Leaving the chemist

Hello, I would love to see this photo, has it been removed?
  6. K

Stirchley High Street

Hello, Does anyone have any photos of this part of Stirchley High Street? Looking for previous shops to what is now Caneat (the maroon building). The camera shop to the left of Tanda fashions is intriguing. Thank you so much, Kate
Back