• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. R

Sarehole Mill

Thanks, yes that is Brook farm, I think it was demolished mid 30's to early 40's. and built prefabs this is were I grew up.
  2. R

Sarehole Mill

Hi, when were you there? I grew up on Cole Side ave.in the prefabs 1940?-54. just curios.
  3. R

Sarehole Mill

George Andrew, do you know if he had the farm on Robin Hood Lane, Marion Way and had a large stone house over on the corner of Wake Green Rd. across from the mill, it just might be the same George I knew. this would have been in the late 40's early 50's. us kids in the neighbourhood would help...
  4. R

wind mill wind mill lane yardley

thanks I will try that site
  5. R

Sarehole Mill

That is the mill I was looking for, I know Sarehole mill, would the mill have been part of Sarehole farm ? As there used to be a large barn on Wakefield road were I believe there's a petrol station now. I believe it bordered Brooks farm where Coleside avenue "old Wakefield road" is now, the was...
  6. R

yes I mean Wake Green Rd. thanks.
  7. R

that's correct, anywhere between Mosely Bog and the aquaduct, was our playground. I need a map pre-1960 thanks.
  8. R

That is the mill I was looking for, I know Sarehole mill, would the mill have been part of Sarehole farm? As there used to be a large barn on Wakefield road were I believe there's a petrol station now. I believe it bordered Brooks farm where Coleside avenue "old Wakefield road" is now, there...
  9. R

my appologies for being abrupt, sadly it's part of my nature,I'll try to be a little more explanatory, at the time I posted I didn't have much information to go on though I did know it had been distroyed. Just a little history, I grew up in the prefabs on Coleside avenue by the 4 arches, I left...
  10. R

photos and history, demolished early "60"s
  11. R

‘Bomb’ Collection Box Bull Ring

Hi just joined the forum , been looking for photos and info for awhile. do remember the bomb, sadly I think it may have gone the same way as the rest of the city as we new it.
Back