• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. H Jacksonb34

Sons Of Rest

There was a Sons of Rest above the Boat House in Ward End Park. I looked forward to go there 30 - 40 years ago but "progress" has overtaken me. TV and PC now. Some progress?
  2. H Jacksonb34

Symbols on Lucas Aerospace sculpture - meaning

This is correct but it is in the process of moving to the industrial park near to the NEC, with the Shaftsmore Lane factory.
  3. H Jacksonb34

n n no Viv its H Jackson Lucas Apprentice 1956 >Lucas toolmaker >Lucas jig and tool draughtsman > Lucasparts programmer > FE Lecturer. Do you know of any Sons of Rest Sites in Birmingham?
  4. H Jacksonb34

It was on the Staff entrance of Lucas Aerospace where I worked as a Jig and Tool Draughtsman and NC programmer until Rolls Royce went bankrupt over the production of the RB 211 Engine, when I was made redundant. Turned out OK and I was successful in getting a position as a FE Lecturer until I...
Back