• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. S

Paget Rd School Pype Hayes

Hi Pam, I remember you, I was yvonne thompsett, called 'tomcat' do you remember Pauline West, I loved the school, but my mum transferred me at 14 to Longmeadow, for horrid shorthand and typing, I hated the school, big field but they were crap at sports, and lots of bullying, worst 2 years if my...
  2. S

There was a Mrs. Edwards marries to Mr.Edwards he was teacher and sports teacher as well, alas the marriage did not last, very sad for her, I won't go into details but he was not nice.
  3. S

I loved Padget Road School, I am now 75 but lovely memories, Mrs.Edwards who was sewing teacher, Miss Garvey, headmistress, tried us into little ladies but an uphillstruggle. I loved sports with Ann Matourti, we quite a few girls from St. Josephs orphanage, nice girls, Pauline West was a...
  4. S

Longmeadow Girls School Shard End

I was with a Mrs.Pilkington, shorthand and typing, I hated it, somehow don't ask me how I managed it I studied electoral law and retired to South France, despite no female equality then and a lot of bullying I was having every day , it toughened me up for the job I eventually had.
  5. S

Longmeadow Girls School Shard End

I rememberer a Christine Tustin and her bully friends, made my life hell,I survived that awful schooll well, left B'ham got good job and never looked back.
Back