• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. R

The Gem Tobacco Company Ltd

I am trying to trace the above Tobacco Company,56 Clerkenwell Green London, I recieved a set of 1936 Olympic Games books and in the bottom of the package was a piece of cardboard with the Companies logo and an address to a WW2 POW Rfn A. McClone British prisoner of war 21909, Stalag V11B...
  2. R

how do I find a cemetery

I am trying to locate the cemetery where my Great aunt may have been buried. Ada Rogers died on the 26th of December 1936 at The Infirmary Western Road House Birmingham Her last known address was 99 Stanhope Street Highgate Birmingham Thanks Ron
  3. R

Ronald Roger Rogers

I am trying to find a birth date for RONALD ROGER ROGERS, I have a Marriage certificate for him,to Joan Margaret Yates (1947) living at 162 Albert Road Stechford. listing his father as Charles William Rogers (my Great father),and in the presence of Rosina Rogers (my Great Grandmother). My...
  4. R

Thomas Cecil Rogers

Not sure if this is the right place for this question however here goes..., In a letter dated 7 January 1937 my grand father T.C Rogers states that he was an ex serviceman having served in France during WW1. I have put a number of posts trying to find out about his war service to no avail ,other...
  5. R

Rogers Thomas

My 4x great grandfather Thomas Rogers was born abt 1777 and died ?December 1824,he was buried at Birmingham,St Phillip,Warwickshire on the 12th of December 1824. is it possible to get any more information ie grave number,others that may be buried with him ect from the church records ,if so who...
  6. R

RAF Regiment Service Record

Hi I am trying to track down the service record for Alfred George Henry Hoare Bn 10th August 1921 in Marylebone. I Believe he enlisted on the 14 July 1941 aged 20 and demobed on the 12 july 1946, from the information I have, he served in India and Burma during WW2 Thank you Ron Rogers
  7. R

Frederick william sullivan

Could some kind person please look up the medal cards for Frederick William Sullivan AB J22178 Royal Navy. I need what medals he was entitled to and i believe he was awarded an MID, if so why was he mentioned in despatches, or any other information that may be available. thank you Ron
  8. R

William Henry Boyce Service in South Africa

Does any one have access to the UK Military Campaign Medals and Awards Roll 1793-1949? I am trying to trace a veteran who served in the Australian Army in WW!, in his attestation papers he stated that he had served in/with the South African Corps ?? for 2 and 1/2 years, William Henry Boyce...
  9. R

ROGERS Thomas Cecil

In reference to my last request for Thomas Cecil Rogers, he would not have shown up in the absentee voters roll as he was only 19/20 at the end of the war. Question now is ,is there any way to find out which unit a soldier, who was under the age of 21, served in during WW1? Did England have...
  10. R

ROGERS Thomas Cecil

Could some kind person look up the absentee Voters Roll for Thomas Cecil Rogers, He did volunteer for the army (the Worcestershire Regiment) but was discharged as having understated his age.(Service from oct 1915- April 1916) I am trying to find out if he re-enlisted in the army for service...
  11. R

Rogers brick wall

I have now hit a brick wall with my Rogers family . In the 1841 census the Head is William Bn 1801 Warwickshire a Builder by occupation,Married Elizabeth Green 1833, living with them are Thomas Bn 1826 and Elizabeth Bn 1829. First brick wall..... where can I find info on William ie parents...
  12. R

ROGERS Rosina

Could some kind person please look up the 1841/1851 census for the family and address for Rosina Rogers (bn abt 1836) Thank you Ron
  13. R

40 St Saviours Road Saltely

I am trying to find out who resided at the above address 1947 to 1950. In particular I'm trying to trace a Ronald R Rogers (bn 1927 Birmingham N) Thank you Ron
  14. R

Rogers Rosina

I am trying to find the death date for my GGG grandmother Rosina Rogers (nee Palmer) She was born 2nd Oct 1872 in Bordersley Birmingham. She married Charles William Rogers 6th June 1892 Sparlebrook Birmingham. Charles died in 1929 in birmingham. Rosina also had a middle name (i dont know where...
  15. R

ROGERS, William

William Rogers was bn abt 1801 ,in the 1841 census it shows his trade as Builder ,in the 1851 census it shows his trade as Carpenter. Would he had had to do an apprentiship for these trades and how could i find out if he did an appentiship and with who? Thanks Ron
  16. R

Clarance richard rogers

Could someone please look up the 1940-1946 electoral rolls for for clarence richard rogers ,i am trying to find his address and occupation during the war years Many thanks Ron Rogers
  17. R

Clarence Richard Rogers

I am researching Clarence Richard Rogers (born 9th December 1902) ,I have information that he was living at 8a Bowery Rd Saltley in 1925, Where did he go from there ,did he marry? Thanks for any info Ron Rogers
  18. R

Residents look up

Is it possible to find out who lived at 145 waverley Rd with Charles william Rogers and Lola Enid Rogers in 1939 Thanks Ron
  19. R

Medal card lookup for Charles William Rogers

I am trying to find out if Charles William Rogers (Brn Sep 1893 ) served in WW1. In the 1911 census it shows him (aged 17) as living with his parents (Charles William and Rosina) at 175 Warwick Rd Sparkhill. Could someone please look up the medal or army pension records to see if he did...
  20. R

Rogers William Marriage lookup

From the IGI records it shows that my GG grandfather William Rogers (Bn abt 1801) married Elizabeth Green (Bn abt 1811) on 9th April 1833 at Aston Juxta Birmingham Warwick . I dont know which church they would have been married at or any other details . I believe William was born in Solihull...
Back