• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. R

Park Road Hockley

I must apologise the car in the photo is a Lanchester, Bill Jefforson must have had that car prior to the Austin I purchased from him. Roger.
  2. R

Park Road Hockley

Hi Shortie. The pub on the corner of Norton Street was the Railway. Further down on the right hand side on the corner of Factory road and Park road was the Soho Tavern, further down on the same side was the Engine just before the bridge. my dad was a regular in the Soho Tavern, his name was Clem...
  3. R

Park Road Hockley

I lived at 253 Park Road from 1948 to 1961 and the phone box was always their. Roger.
  4. R

Park Road Hockley

Hi. My name is Roger Moody and I lived at 253 Park Road from1948 until 1962. The car Bill Jefforson had was a 1938 Austin 18 which he sold to me in 1961 for£20. I used to help him in the mornings getting his fruit and veg outside and of a Christmas help him dress his turkeys. We backed onto...
Back