• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. R

Transport

I used to work at Lewis transport in Miller St does anyone remember them. regards Richard
  2. R

Morto & Crowders

Did anyone know the. drop stamping company Morton & Crowders they used to make Badges. i used to work their in the 50s. Regards Richard
  3. R

Aston Park

Does anyone remember the shows held in Aston PARK all the big marques were big bands played by the likes of Jonny Dankworth and Cleo Laine, the talent shows dancing schools putting on their performances,if we couldn;t afford the entrance fee we used to loosen off the tent pegs and slip under...
  4. R

The zooon Lewis's roof

Does anyone remember the zoo on top of lewis's used to thjeir on my dinner break from school St Chads. while looking at the monkeys one of them put his arm through the cage and pinched my glasses off my face.at to get the keeper to get them back.
  5. R

Travellers Rest public house

does anyone remember the name of the pub facing the Astoria picture house in Aston Rd
Back