• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. J

The Birmingham Tea Ceremony

THE BIRMINGHAM TEA CEREMONIES An anthropological study Note The observations reported here were made five or six decades ago. The practises described may no longer be used. The most wide spread ceremony is conducted by someone known as Mother. Often Mother is a female, though male...
  2. J

Joe Fox

In the late 1940's/early 50's, going home from KEGS Camp Hill, I would catch the 15/17 bus in High St Bordesley just before it went under the railway bridge. Near the stop was a sweet shop I sometimes used. It was run by a man with a multi-lined face and built along the lines of a jockey. His...
  3. J

Porters of Small Heath

The Porters lived in Victorian Digbeth and then various parts of Small Heath. They arrived at 128 Bankes Road after the 1911 census but were well established by 1914 it seems. The last of their descendants that lived there, my mother, left in the mid 1980's. The photo was almost certainly taken...
  4. J

WW2 Charity flag days

I have no idea who collected the charity flags shown in the pictures below. Nor do I know why. They were in my mother's effects. She was born in Birmingham in 1905. The majority I have shown seem to be of the era around WW1. The flags on Sheet 1 are for local charities. Flag B may not be...
Back