• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. NoddKD

Sayings, legends and customs.

I recall it as a hairy fit.:)
  2. NoddKD

National Service

Outside of the forces very few people recognise the veterans badge.Though it can be worn whenever we feel like it,unlike medals which can rarely be worn. NoddKD
  3. NoddKD

Gone out of fashion

Interesting,in the Royal Marines foo foo was bootneck slang for foot powder. NoddKD,confused again.
  4. NoddKD

Radio

Standby for incoming,brave man!!!:eek::D:D
  5. NoddKD

Lewis's Department Store

You have to trust Santa,how else would you get presents at Christmas? He always brings just what I put in my letter. NoddKD. Still innocent even after 69 years.
  6. NoddKD

Gone out of fashion

Chinese hackers could turn you into a zombie. It happened to a nephew and he became a Villa fan. NoddKD,going into hiding.
  7. NoddKD

Acocks Green School

Running TO school!!!! I didn't run to school even if if I were late. NoddKD. Wishing he'd known better!
  8. NoddKD

Gone out of fashion

Appear to be alive and well down here in sunny Devon.:cool: NoddKD
  9. NoddKD

Gone out of fashion

Also the tin of National Dried Milk seems to have gone out of fashion. As a nipper I was sent every Saturday to Lewis's for two tins for my sister. Happy days. NoddKD,Courier.
  10. NoddKD

Creased Photo

With reference to posts 1-5 It appears to me that the only difference between Aladdins lamp and BHF is that wishes are endless on BHF, not limited to three. I take my hat off to you all.:grinning::grinning: NoddKD,always impressed.
  11. NoddKD

High Street Birmingham

Fantastic upper floor frontages. Whenever I visit places such as Exeter or Canterbury I always look up at the architecture of the older buildings and I am always impressed. I wonder what will impress future generations in Birmingham? NoddKD
  12. NoddKD

Pubs Of The Past

The knack to drinking a yard of ale is to keep the tube swirling around as you drink. The tsunami does not generate.
  13. NoddKD

Dale End

I was thinking more of the whisky queue. NoddKD
  14. NoddKD

Dale End

Would you join it today?:joy::joy:
  15. NoddKD

Police Stations

It was. Previous to that location his surgery was at 180 Monument Rd. We lived in the property and my mother worked for him as a general dogsbody. Today she would be titled practice manager. Slight digression,I attend St George's school which was next door to the new surgery. NoddKD
  16. NoddKD

RIP MAURICE (sospiri)

I didn't know Maurice but felt he was a friend. RIP Maurice,duty done. NoddKD, in sadness.
  17. NoddKD

Beak Street - late !9th century

Slight thread swerve.What is/was a Skin and Lock hospital? NoddKD the curious.
  18. NoddKD

Aston Swimming Club Water Polo

Sponsored by Ansells perhaps?. NoddKD
  19. NoddKD

Police Stations

Hi Mike, as a child we lived in Ladywood Road directly opposite the Police station and lench's almshouses. The building was a Doctors surgery,A Dr Kerr's practice. I believe the property was number 26. Would you check please,no particular reason,just interest. Thanks, NoddKD
  20. NoddKD

OLD BIRMINGHAM PHOTOS FROM STEVEBHx

Was Youngers Tartan ever sold in Birmingham? Known as heavy in Scotland(well, Arbroath anyway) I spent many happy hours under its influence,a great tasting beer.:yum:yum Had I found it for sale in Brum I may have bought the pub,or at least moved in next door. NoddKD. Not an alcoholic but...
Back