• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. H

Golden Hillock Road Six Ways Small Heath

HI El Tel. Sorry about the garbled message computer died. What I was trying to say was that I was born in Arthur St in 1939 and lived there for 17 years, went to Oakley Road School, my best friends lived in Cooksey Road and Wordsworth Road, played all my sport in Small Heath park and yet I have...
  2. H

Queens Head Greenfield Rd

Hi MWS and Mikejee. Thankyou both for the updates I think I can picture the pub now as a proper drinking place. What a coincidence that the Moles returned on the same ship as your people. I have been Emailed by some distant relatives in Queensland and they still cannot understand why after...
  3. H

Hi MWS. Very interesting. My James Mole left Brisbane and arrived in Sidney to say goodbye to his mother I believe on the 28 Oct 1899 and returned to England that same year he was alone on this trip. His wife Mary Ann and their children Annie, James, Daisy and Stephen sailed on the Duke of...
  4. H

hi all. i am still keeping my eye on this page that i started a few years ago, putting the replies together I am thinking that the pub could not have been much bigger than a large house and was mainly used by local people. I have still not solved the mystery of his return here but I found out...
Back