• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. S

Can someone please help to restore this photo?

This photo is in a terrible state and I would be grateful if someone could have a go at restoring it a bit!! I believe that the lady sitting in the back row of the Chara on the right of the photo with the child on her lap is my Grandmother Sarah Ann EVANS nee CAIN 1880-1946, the child would...
  2. S

CAIN family of Fisher Street

I am looking for anyone who may know anything about the family of Thomas Patrick CAIN and wife Ann, who in the 1891 census lived at 29, Fisher Street, Gosta Green, Birmingham. They were a large family and members lived in Aston Road, Dartmouth Street and Richard Street before the war...
  3. S

St Michaels RC School Floodgate Street

Did anyone go to St Michael's RC School, Floodgate Street, Digbeth ? I cannot find any mention of it anywhere, this school was a Catholic School, bombed out of Bordesley Street in the Second world war and moved to the old Floodgate Street School, Digbeth in about 1943. This school...
Back