• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. ade

Commonwealth Games, Birmingham 2022

Very proud of my city this morning
  2. ade

Dulwich Road

Apparently it was a faulty boiler
  3. ade

Your Claim To Fame

Sade spent a few hours with us at a table in the old pagoda park nightclub, one of the nicest people I've ever met and stunningly beautiful
  4. ade

British Home Stores BHS

So sad to see what's happened to our high streets, these magnificent giant's who you thought would be here for ever are now just fond memories. What you would give for a time machine for the weekend, to go proper Christmas shopping, instead of sitting in front of a computer screen pressing buy...
  5. ade

Record shop favourites in birmingham

I thought there was to, Dalton street sprung to mind but thats where swordfish record's are
  6. ade

Not sure about that one Rob, I know there was a revolver record label
  7. ade

The guy in the rag market was called Stan, he sold absolutely anything he could get his hands on, I reckon he used to maybe do house clearance work etc, never knew where he got his records from, some week's he had nothing then the next week a box full. I used to have a jukebox and had all my 7"...
  8. ade

The rag market had some good little record stalls over the year's, I remember one guy selling all sorts of items on his pitch and in the corner had a pile of American 7" singles, most of those were styrene an were already pretty poor condition. I don't know where this chap got some of his stock...
  9. ade

Good music to listen to on U Tube

This is for all us eighties kids on the website and when Phil Oakey went to the barbers and asked "how much is a haircut " barber replies £10 and Phil says "I've only got a fiver"
  10. ade

Good music to listen to on U Tube

Don't look Ethel
  11. ade

Monument Road

Wow these photos are magnificent, thanks for sharing
Back