• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. BBoots

St Pauls School, Balsall Heath.

I will check with my cousin Pauline Green but they were shop keepers so would likely be the other. Her Mom (May and Wilfred green ) had a sweet shop on a street corner I just about remember - jars of sweets on shelves! - my dad was born on Sun Street
  2. BBoots

That's really helpful, thanks - My dad, who was only 14 at the time (he may even be on that photo!), had the awful task of going to identify his Dad. He is listed on the Tree of Life memorial. We were told he was an air raid warden - he was 54 and had been in the police. His wife was Mabel...
  3. BBoots

hello - I realise this i an old thread but w understand our grandad William Booton was killed by the bomb that hit the school on 19th Nov 1940 checking it was clear - do you know any more?
  4. BBoots

Air Raid Wardens And Police

so sorry - but thank you
  5. BBoots

Hi, would appreciate any information about air raid warden William F Booton killed in the Blitz November 1941 – he was my grandad
  6. BBoots

hi, I realise this thread is quite old but we are trying to find some information about William Frederick Booton (my grandfather) who was killed 19 November 1941. He was an air raid warden and we understand he was checking a primary school when it got hit. He is listed on the beautiful "tree of...
Back