• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. F

Bolton Road Small Heath Social/Working Man's Club?

Hello mikejee, Thank you for your trouble in producing the map, brilliant. Regards, Ray.
  2. F

Bolton Road Small Heath Social/Working Man's Club?

Hi, Do any of you good folk happen to have a map of Bolton Road showing Richmond Terrace. Just found out that I had a relative living in Richmond Terrace, and the maps I have only show Bolton Road? Regards, Ray.
  3. F

Belchers Lane playing fields ans Heartlands Hospital

Thinking a little harder, where I have put broken yellow lines, there was a dog-leg to the right [we used to go into the furthest corner for a smoke]. Ray.
  4. F

From memory, this is how I remember the lay-out of Belchers Lane playing fields. Ray.
  5. F

If my memory is correct, the changing rooms were on the right at the top of the entrance path. The boys used the changing room on the right, the girls used the left side. Ray.
  6. F

jelf william george -- mary ann hughes

Hi Alan, I have to say your memory does you proud, the minute details you recall leave me astounded. With regards to the picture, I have a few thousand on file and the reason I have that one was the bus. My Father worked for the old BCT Birmingham City Transport. He was based at Highgate Road...
  7. F

jelf william george -- mary ann hughes

Re: william george jelf -- mary ann hughes Hello Astonian [Alan], As a newbie to this fantastic forum, I reckon if I spend 40 hours a week for the next five years, I may just catch up with most postings! However, your name crops up many times, as does the name Jelf, which are your family I...
  8. F

Hawkes Street

Hi chriseponymous, just have this pub, The Freeholders Arms, Hawkes Street Small Heath. Ray.
  9. F

prottey

Not sure if this helps but Wal Prottey is a member of: https://smallheath.proboards.com/ I know he was born down Regents Park Road in Small Heath. Ray.
  10. F

St Peter's Chapel St Peter's Place

This may help a little with St Peters Broad Street. St Peter 1786 Broad Street /St Peter’s Place (O.S. GR SP0586 approx.) The chapel was built in 1786. It wasenlarged in 1802 and 1825, thoroughly repaired in 1871, and consecrated in1933. It was served by Franciscans from Baddesley Clinton...
  11. F

West street

Ward Street Aston - 1965.
  12. F

Coventry Road Steam Trams

I think this may be a little clearer. Ray.
  13. F

St Thomas C Of E School Granville Street

Hi Phil, Was it Granville Street School, a bit different as it was on two levels, I think! Ray.
  14. F

Where is This Schools? #10

Hi Phil, It is Wyndcliffe School, of Little Green Lane, which was Little Green Lane School in an earlier life. Ray.
  15. F

Where is this Schools #3

Hi, Is it Floodgate Street ? Ray.
  16. F

Bordesley green

Hi alana124, Just spent the last hour reading this thread, so I was suprised to find you lived at 39 PAS. I lived at 33, the Goughs were our landlords. The other side of us were the Harrisons. The timber yards, opposite the Vine Pub [victoria 1670] & the big saw-mill at Coleshill, were my...
  17. F

Small Heath Streets

Hello, Having been born in Baker Street [off Muntz Street] in 1946, and now living in Worcester, I have now reached the age of 65, and am fairly desperate to find a picture of Baker Street, B'ham 10. If anyone has a picture I would be so grateful. Many thanks.
Back