• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. S

Smith glass factory

I am trying to find out about my GGFs glass factory. The family story is that either William Henry Smith or his father Henry Smith has a glass factory. William was born in 1862 or 1864 and lived in Small heath. He was married to Catherine Tracy Green. Both William and Henry were glass cutters...
  2. S

John Matthews Aston 1866

I am trying to trace my great grandfathers family in particular his early life and his parents. I was told that he was an orphan and went to a blue coat school, although I cannot verify this and he doesn’t appear on censuses until he is in his twenties. I know that he was a shoeing smith and on...
Back