• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. L

Picture Restoration

2. L

Picture Restoration

3. L

Small heath

VE DAY bordesley park road On second thoughts this was properly the Queens coronation
  4. L

Deykin Avenue School

this picture is of deakin avenue school christmas 1931 my motherinlaw is in the picture her name was Lilliam Mary Powell
  5. L

Rubery Hill Asylum Hospital

Hello Pat if you are on facebook look for the Rubery hill hospital site it is a closed site so send in a request for membership. the site is intended for ex staff and patients or people who have a geniune interest in Rubery Hills history. there are some interesting photos going back to its...
  6. L

Rubery Hill Asylum Hospital

Hello Jess I worked at Ruberyhill for many years and administor a facebook page for that hospital, prior to its closure I presented an visual history of RHH and took and archived many photos prior to that closure .Due to confidentiality I cannot supply photos of Patients but can help with...
  7. L

Butler Street, Small Heath

Indeed the two are mixed up most of the later are about Butlet street South which is where the car dealership is now
  8. L

Hello Cinderella Yes you lived there during its last days, I remember our little garden was the only one with a tree in it as someone else said it had two corner shops by the early sixties one was converted to a bookies and the other one was a general store called I think Fishers, across the...
  9. L

Hello Cinderella Yes you lived there during its last days, I remember our little garden was the only one with a tree in it, as someone else said it had two corner shops by the early sixties one was converted to a bookies and the other one was a general store called I think Fishers, across the...
  10. L

I lived my early life in butler street south leaving in 1964 I too remember playing playing football on the bomb peck I remember Mrs smith lived there I lived at no 12. The highlight of the year was bonfire night when we lit a bonfire on the peck. My uncle lived next door to Mrs smith and I...
Back