• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. C

Gilbertstone Primary School

Went 1953 to 1958. I Remember Miss Roberts and Miss Lanes classes, Miss Ellis the headmistress and Mrs Parton (school secretary who played the piano at Assembly and Music lessons) and Mrs Livesey who i never had but her husband was the Woodwork teacher at Acocks Green. The caretaker was Mr...
  2. C

Pinfold Road Yardley

Pinfold Rd is now Mansfield Rd. Pinfold House still stands at thel Yardley Rd end. My great, great granndfathers sister married Mr Mansfield, who owned much of the land. After he died she moved into Pinfold House and renamed it Mansfield House. She built an off licence and Brewed ale in the...
  3. C

Old street pics..

I have put a number of pics of old Yardley village for example on facebooks east birmingham past and present. What did you mean by "the dark building"? The building that was once the Cottagers Institute is supposed to have been built on the site of the Ring O Bells after there were complaints...
Back