• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. S

Alum Rock Road Shops

Does anyone know the name of the insurance brokers that I think was next door to Hawtins in the mid 1970's at all? I know they were agents for the Nationwide Building Society as we got our first mortgage from the shop there but cant for the life of me remember the name.
  2. S

Suicide of Gt Gt Grandfather

My wife's Grandfather lived at 56 Wright Road so very possibly knew your Great Grandfather.
  3. S

Telephone history: Telephone Service in Birmingham

and snooker tables and a function room complete with stage
  4. S

Telephone history: Telephone Service in Birmingham

Like you I'm surprised that the Thorp Street club has not really been spoken about. I used to use the place 2/3 times per week playing snooker and the discos on a Thursday night. I seem to remember seeing the Steve Gibbons Band preform there too. Really enjoyed the club although it wasn't overly...
  5. S

Metal Treatments Birmingham Ltd Heath Mill Lane

Fascinating. My Aunt worked there in the 60's. I will show her this information as I'm sure she'd love to read it.
Back