• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. Jeannie

Yorkswood York’s Wood camp site Castle Bromwich

Thanks for doing your homework ,and yes I think boys and girls are together these days Now proud of my old hat even though a bit worse for ware,Happy days wernt they
  2. Jeannie

Wow some great memories thank you
  3. Jeannie

Thank you, I was in 231st Brownies then onto guides ,I just wonder how many groups there were in Dear old brum ,must admit I’ve just had a good singalong
  4. Jeannie

I remember the scout camp fire, Going with the guides ,sitting on those logs eating baked beans in tomatoe soup from my enamel dish and singing things like ging gang gooly gooly , must have been around 1959/60
  5. Jeannie

Doctors

I don’t either but still miss dear old Brum in many ways
  6. Jeannie

MY FIRST/SECOND GRANDCHILD

Welcome to your new home Shadow
  7. Jeannie

Doctors

How lovely to have 3 generations as a doctor
  8. Jeannie

Doctors

Old Doctor Chitnis was as you describe him, he looked after my mum when my 76 year old sister was born, she’s 4 years older than I am, I still remember Old Doctor Chitnis but saw more of his son at the surgery opposite the church on I think it was Chester road, been left Dear old Brum since...
  9. Jeannie

Doctors

Wow sorry for the delay, but yes I lived in Darley Avenue , I didn’t realise that there was a third generation of Dr Chitnis ,
Back