• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. keegs

Tilton Road bordesley green

Hi Mal,had no problem remembering you and your family. You got my mom's name right too,it was Joyce. I married in 1975 and moved out to Sutton Coldfield. Life has had it's usual ups and downs but that's what keeps us on our toes,overall though good. It was really good to hear from you and I will...
  2. keegs

More than enough clues ! Malcolm Sadler. So many years! I remember swapping Batman comics with you. It's good to hear from you,I hope that you are keeping well. Are you still in the Birmingham area ? I drove through Small Heath several years back and hardly recognized it,not much of the area we...
  3. keegs

Go on then,give me some clues. I'm intrigued now :):)
  4. keegs

I am indeed
  5. keegs

Items that have faded away

It was called a "Stretch Monster",with the green goo inside that leaked eventually.They are worth quite a lot now in good condition.
  6. keegs

Hockley 1957

Walpamur-The name was made up from the "Wall Paper Maunufacturers" name.
  7. keegs

virus alert

I get the same message too.
  8. keegs

This photo of the Royal George,on the corner of Tilton Rd and Garrison Lane has been on the site before,but lost due to hacking,i think
  9. keegs

Thnks for posting the outdoor photo.brings back memories of playing on that wooden trapdoor.
  10. keegs

Hi,we lived at number 45,pretty much opposite the entrance to the Blues ground.
  11. keegs

Birmingham Pubs

Loved it in there. every tuse & thurs night.Supposed to be in the Tavern on that dreadfull night in'74. but went here first.we usually did it the other way round,still dont know why Fate i guess !
  12. keegs

Wartime Yardley

Dave, It's little stories like that bring history to life.This is such a great site. Keegs
  13. keegs

Bomb damage photos of WW2

A couple more clippings. Sparkhill and Holloway Head.
  14. keegs

Temple Row,near the Leicester Building Society office.After the Oct 18th 1940 air raid.
  15. keegs

Near the Mermaid Inn on the Stratford Road 18th Oct 1940
  16. keegs

Sorry for the picture quality as these are clippings from an old scrapbook given to me.
  17. keegs

Wartime Yardley

No chance of them being thrown away,too much history in them to be lost.I think, when time permits that I will start a thread as there are some interesting pics of city centre bomb damage as well as some of the suburbs. Cheers,Keegs
  18. keegs

Wartime Yardley

Dated Nov 1940 I am in the process of sorting some old clippings/scrapbooks of wartime Birmingham left to me by a relative and thought that this may be of interest to followers of this thread. I do have several other pics from these clippings of bomb devastation in Birmingham and suburbs that I...
Back