• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. O

Perry Common Erdington

I don't know about Perry Common but there was a fair that came to Kingstanding every year and that is not very far away. We loved it when all the American soldiers were about because if they won anything on the side shows, they gave it to the kids that were hanging about. I gained a lovely cup...
  2. O

Aston Commercial School Holte Grammar

I can recognise many of these faces, but its a bit difficult on the computer. sorry about that.
  3. O

Brings a tear to see myself,. Thanks for the memories. and many dear friends on the ..54 'photo
  4. O

Blakesley Hall

I agree with you entirely about the lie of the land regarding a secret tunnel. We lived next to those shops. No.54 but I understand that house has gone and a new estate is where the old allotments were.
  5. O

Haven't been able to see the 'photo you posted, but I was at Aston Comm. from 1953-1956, and took part in "Arms and the Man". Miss Hilda Roberts was the producer. We had wonderful times at rehearsals and lasting friendships were formed. from the drama classes a nAmateur Dramatic Society was...
  6. O

Blakesley Hall

My husband & I bought our first house just around the corner from Blakesley Hall, Clements Rd.. actually. We had our wedding reception at the Blakesley Pub. We often visited the hall, but I expect it has been improved since 1962. My father new the Hall and the area well as a boy, and he told...
  7. O

St Margarets Hospital - Great Barr

I lived on the border of Great Barr and as small children we rode all over the place on our bikes. We would often ride to the top of Queslett Rd. and dare each other to ride down to the hospital( only as children we called it something else). None of us ever took up the dare, we were all too...
Back