• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. M

shepton mallet gaol

This is the record that i have, Im wondering if the " breaking out of camp" is in reference to a military camp maybe.
  2. M

Shenley Fields

try " birmingham childrens home project"
  3. M

Vauxhall Road

these are brilliant thank you
  4. M

Vauxhall Road

I wonder if anyone remembers or has a picture of the Vauxhall working boys home from 1940ish
  5. M

Shenley Fields

did you manage to get a copy
  6. M

Shenley Fields

ive looked at this archive and its full of great information and pictures. Definatley worth a look for anyone researching childrens homes or family research.
  7. M

Birmingham Open Air Schools - Cropwood, Hunter's Hill, Marsh Hill and Skilts (excl. Haseley Hall and Uffculme)

what a brilliant picture. Im looking for pictures and or memories of a housemaid who worked at cropwood in 1939, her name was rose hanna little.
  8. M

Birmingham Nightclubs of the Past - Memories

hi ann, i believe my uncle "gay john" had some nights to remember in that club
  9. M

Albert david little

yes his father charles albert little did die in 1937. I have traced his father and have a full time line for him. albert himself thou i have a huge gap between 1925 and 1939 when he is listed in the cottage homes.
  10. M

Albert david little

i wonder if that was his brother ernest, thank you for your help im reading thru the threads now and ive just ordered the mentioned book from amazon.
  11. M

Shenley Fields

ive just ordered this book on amazon thanks for the info
  12. M

Albert david little

hi im looking for anyone who has information on the shenley fields cottages home in northfield birmingham around the 1930-1940 mark. In particular information on Albert david Little 1925-1996. I know his mother died in 1930 at a young age i think this was the reason for his entry to said home. I...
  13. M

the krays in birmingham

im looking for memories anyone has of the kray twins being in birmingham and subsequently being run out of birmingham if anyone can help.
  14. M

68 Long Acre, Nechells Ann Pinson, midwife

just happened across this thread, my ancestors also lived on that street, hence the interest, thanks for sharing im definatley going to look more into this.
Back