• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. Bojalu

St Cyprian's Church, Hay Mills

St Cyprians Church -Open day 10 September 2016 Time 12pm – 3pm The Church is 150 years old this year. The School Room , (Museum )will also be open. Do you or your family have any memories of this lovely hidden church? Were. you or a family member baptised, confirmed or married there? Did you...
  2. Bojalu

Tree of Life Memorial

The additional names that have been added to our Tree of Life Memorial were found after we had the memorial erected. The original names were of Civilians who lived and died in Birmingham. The latter names lived in Birmingham but were taken to hospitals outside of the county were they later...
  3. Bojalu

Tree of Life Memorial

The additional names that have been added to our Tree of Life Memorial were found after we had the memorial erected. The original names were of Civilians who lived and died in Birmingham. The latter names lived in Birmingham but were taken to hospitals outside of the county were they later...
  4. Bojalu

Jackie Hill of Lucas Memories R.I.P.

Although Jackie and I had chatted on the phone I had not seen her since the Birmingham Lives History Fair. Before that we attended the Late Len Copsey's funeral together. I know Jackie used to have a stall at Acocks Green Carnival too. R.I.P Jackie.
  5. Bojalu

Jackie Hill of Lucas Memories R.I.P.

With sad news I have heard that Jackie Hill of Lucas Memories passed away this morning. Jackie left us a legacy with Lucas Memories. Condolences and heartfelt thoughts are with Jackie’s Family. May she Rest In Peace. xXx
  6. Bojalu

St James The Less Ashted Lookups

Hello Fairfax, Unsure if you have this information or not but thought perhaps it was worthwhile posting. David EVANS -7 June. Effects £1,5000. The Will of David EVANS late of Ashted in the parish of Aston, Birmingham in the County of WARWICK Gentleman deceased who died 23 May 1865 at Ashted...
  7. Bojalu

Programme on T.V tonight about Birmingham

Programme on T.V tonight about Birmingham - Barging round Britain with John Sergeant. Cadbury's, Bournville , plus canals. ITV at 8pm
  8. Bojalu

Could someone help repair this photo please

Hoping someone will help and take the time to restore this image. Thank you
  9. Bojalu

Does anyone know what was 'acpinater' warehouse girl in Nov 1935?

Perhaps if you obtained the Coroners report it should give more detail. Coroner's Inquest Reports Birmingham Archive and Heritage Service holds Coroners inquest reports from August 1875 onwards, although the court was established in 1839. There are no surviving Inquest Report files before...
  10. Bojalu

Derringtons brick makers

2015 Image of Derrington Memorial in the Rose Garden at Yardley Old Park ( known to locals as Queens Park ) The Rose Garden was renamed Diamond Jubilee Gardens in 2012 by John Hemming M.P for Yardley
  11. Bojalu

Standley

Could this be your family ? Ellen STANLEY Baptism 28 May 1854 at Bishop Ryder. Parents Samuel & Susan STANLEY. Abode - Aston Road. Samuels's occupation Sawyer.
  12. Bojalu

Hands FANNY amarried to Charles James

This is interesting - Fanny JAMES (widow ) = married William BROOKS 7 May 1877 at St Marks Church. Her father is William HANDS whose occupation is Castor. There is a baptism for Mary Jane BROOKS in 1879 Parents William & Fanny. In 1911 there is a Fannie BROOKS living with a William Henry...
  13. Bojalu

Monumental Inscriptions For St Peter And St Paul Aston

Whilst I was a St Peters & St Pauls at Aston Heritage open day in June, people were coming in to enquire about Baptisms, Marriages and Burials, They were all advised to visit Birmingham Archives. Over the years there have been alterations to the church, the present chapel was built in 1879...
  14. Bojalu

Lives Of The First World War - Remember Your Relative

If you know your ancestors regiment details remember your relative at – Lives of the First World War. https://livesofthefirstworldwar.org/
  15. Bojalu

Lives of The First World War - Remember your Relative

If you know your ancestors regiment details remember your relative at – Lives of the First World War. https://livesofthefirstworldwar.org/
  16. Bojalu

Rogers Thomas

Quote - His address is given as Bromsgrove Street again is it possible to find out who else may have lived with him,ie children,or other relatives,siblings ect To arrive at 4 x great Grandfather Thomas Rogers born c1777you must be researching one of his descendants. Would you be able to tell...
  17. Bojalu

Rogers Thomas

Things to consider Don’t discounted a possible marriage because you think the couple may to be too young . The legal age for marriage was 12 for girls and 14 for boys until 1929 ( year is not a misprint ) with parents consent. 1929 This was changed to 16 years for both male and female with...
  18. Bojalu

Rogers Thomas

Things to consider Don’t discounted a possible marriage because you think the couple may to be too young . The legal age for marriage was 12 for girls and 14 for boys until 1929 ( year is not a misprint ) with parents consent. 1929 This was changed to 16 years for both male and female with...
  19. Bojalu

Death Certificate wording and operating Crematoria in 1955.

Steve, John Yates is also a Genealogist attached to Register office, based at Birmingham, rather than Birmingham Archives . He is very helpful...
  20. Bojalu

Death Certificate wording and operating Crematoria in 1955.

Morturn, Where did you purchase the certificate from the Birmingham Reg Office or GRO ? Perhaps you could telephone and see if they can shed any light on the wording.
Back