• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. P

Electric Cinema Station Street

The history of The Electric Cinema Station St High St Dale End High St inside the cinema High St Dale End The First News Theatre in the Provinces - The first news and cartoon cinema in the provinces was The News Theatre in High Street, Birmingham. The Birmingham News Theatre - The first...
  2. P

Electric Cinema Station Street

Tatler, Station Street Birmingham Foyer - Cash Desk on the right and the stairs to the circle on the left The Tatler News Theatre Birmingham - The Stalls The Local Centenary Celebrations on Film, Presented to The Lord Mayor - The films presented by Joseph Cohen were of the Coronation of King...
  3. P

Gunmakers Arms. Bath St.

any chance the photo can be found would love to see it.
  4. P

Gunmakers Arms. Bath St.

thanks nice story
  5. P

Gunmakers Arms. Bath St.

what great photos thanks for sharing these. Now the car park nice to know your story
  6. P

Gunmakers Arms. Bath St.

oh thanks for this info it great to find out about the old pub name.
  7. P

Hurst St junction with Inge St

Help can anybody read the name of the restaurant/hotel next door to the chippy in 1968. thanks
  8. P

Passages, Alleyways Gulletts and Snickets of Old Brum

Really interesting posts never knew the story behind the name of the street off Hurst St & now I know. Shame unable to open the attachments. Thanks for sharing this.
  9. P

Bespoke Tailoring

I take it he also had a business on Hurst St in the 1960's from reading other threads.
  10. P

Milliners Hurst Street

thanks for the further info re photo very interesting in deed.
  11. P

Hurst St junction with Inge St

thanks for sharing this.
  12. P

New Technology! - Well it was then!

wish I could see your photos shame an error keeps coming up
  13. P

New Technology! - Well it was then!

wished I could see your photos error message keeps coming up any chance you could try again. thanks sorry the thread it not working?
  14. P

Memories of a Birmingham Musician (Drummer)!

Oh, thanks for sharing this what great interest to find out Marshall apps came from Brum. As we have a few sitting at home hard to find space for them due to the size but great to have for my son use. You were so lucky to have known him.
  15. P

Then & Now

Thanks for sharing this lovely photo I done in the past a painting showing the trams along there.
  16. P

Then & Now

What a great loss all that history gone. I understand that wealthy shops were along this street. Does it show the pub in the photo?
  17. P

fish and chip shops

Thought you may like to see this photo of the chippy found on Birmingham Live.
  18. P

fish and chip shops

19. P

OLD BIRMINGHAM PHOTOS FROM STEVEBHx

Great, addition to the previous post wonderful history of Digbeth Thanks for sharing.
  20. P

The Hope And Anchor, Charlotte Street, Birmingham

Not sure if this helps but found this re Hope & Anchor on Caroline St. Hope this helps. Hope & Anchor, 79 Caroline Street, Birmingham Birmingham pub history index Directory of Pubs in the UK, historical public houses, Taverns, Inns, Beer Houses and Hotels in Birmingham, Warwickshire. Residents...
Back