• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. D

Windsor Terrace Hagley Road

Those gate posts were an entry (probably a rear entry) to Windsor Terrace, a gated terrace of Regency(?) houses. The main pedestrian entry was off photo to the right. I don't know if the houses are still there. I have gone back on Street View to Sept 2008 but there is a bus shelter in the way so...
  2. D

Virgin Trains

So Virgin Trains have lost the West Coast franchise in favour of First Group. Interesting that First have surrenderd the Western franchise three years early. It was not for nothing that they were known as Worst Great Western. I have not been a fan of Richard Branson but we do have to applaud...
  3. D

Selly Oak By Pass Railway Bridge

The time lapse video of the installation last Christmas of the new railway bridge at Selly Oak over the new by pass is now available on the internet https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1y4besElv8Y
Back