• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. E

Bradford Street 1837

Yes, the second, the William Coley and Elizabeth Gardner marriage I was referring to are my ancestors.
  2. E

Bradford Street 1837

I have ancestors on a marriage certificate at St Philips Church, 1847 stating parents a Joseph Coley, blacksmith and a Samuel Gardner, millwright (not a poor occupation) living in Bradford Road Birmingham.
  3. E

Shirestone School

Hi, am new to site so bit late in commentating. My mum was Mrs Burr, one of those teachers at Shirestones in the 60s, she did really like Mr Penny the head. I attended the reception class there for a short time, but then as closer went to Marston Green Primary in the end,
  4. E

Birmingham Restaurants

As to earlier post, I do remember the Satis restaurant, my dad would take me there for lunch sometimes in the 60s when I was young, remember him showing me the correct way to use a soup spoon!
Back