• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. Den

Anyone know location ???

Anyone know where photos were taken.?? They are my great grandparents who lived in Nechells up to 1927. Den
  2. Den

Military Uniform help pre WW1

This is a photo of my great grandfather take abt 1885. Can anyone please identify the uniform? His name is William Eggington b. 1858 d 1925 I have no record or account of any war service. I understand he worked most of his live at the witton gas works
  3. Den

Hicks

hi all I'm looking for the family Hicks. My great grandma was Phoebe Hicks b. in 1868 in Newinvention Staffordshire she moved to Australia and died in 1954. I know her father was Enoch born abt 1841 he was married to Ann Tarbuck. regrads Den
  4. Den

Pop - Drink

Hi what does the word "pop" mean? Is it beer, or other alcohol, water or tea ? Is it a birmingham word? from a letter written by my grandmother to her sister living in nechells. "... it was so hot today that Bert drank all the pop." Den
  5. Den

Paintain

Hi looking for family of Frederick R Paintain b 1890 Aston - that is all I know Den
  6. Den

Holden Surname -

Hi All I'm looking for information on Frederick John Holden. He married a Mary Ann Evans in 1883 - they moved to Aston/Nechells area about 1899. Only address I have is from 1901 census 166 Argyle street Nechells. ta Den https://forum.birminghamhistory.co.uk/images/smilies/bhwr/dft003.gif
  7. Den

Egginton Surname -

Hi All I'm looking for information and the parents of William Egginton. He married a Phoebe Hicks - lived in Aston/Nechells Birmingham area. William was killed in 1923 as a result of a gas explosion. Phoebe moved out to Australia 1925. regards :cool: Den
Back