• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. Rachel Morgan

Sanitorium Yardley Rd.

My great grandfather John Robinson died there of TB in 1938
  2. Rachel Morgan

Lee

According to her baptism certificate she was born on the 25th October 1893, parents listed were Gulielmi (William) Lee and Mariae Annae (Mary Ann) McCann X
  3. Rachel Morgan

Lee

Hi Wally, have read this post with interest. My great grandmother was Winifred Lee, born in Birmingham in 1893. There’s no official record of her birth apart from a catholic baptism for St Chads Cathedral in November 1893. I hope to find an official record soon hopefully
  4. Rachel Morgan

Crimes : Birmingham murders

Florence Clifford was my great grandfathers neice (1st cousin 3 times removed) truly shocked at finding this out today
  5. Rachel Morgan

forhill house kings norton;

Hiya, just wondered if you remember a lad called Robert Morris?
  6. Rachel Morgan

summer lane morgue

My great grandfather suffered from epilepsy, it’s well known in the family that he had a fit and they thought he was dead, he woke up in the Summer Row morgue his name was John Robinson
  7. Rachel Morgan

forhill house kings norton;

Hi everyone, I was wondering if anyone knows of boys at Forhill between December 1960 and December 1963 please x
  8. Rachel Morgan

New Summer Street

It’s possible Frank Robinson was related to my grandmother, she was at 45 Hospital Street in 1939, her name was Florence Robinson x
  9. Rachel Morgan

St Mary's church Aston

Have you tried the Birmingham burial records website? If your uncle was laid to rest in a Birmingham Cemetery then it will show on there.
  10. Rachel Morgan

Erdington Workhouse

Hi everyone I recently found out that my 3x great grandmother died in the Erdington workhouse (ive googled it and it might be the Aston Union workhouse also) her name was Jane Coffman, she died there in April 1897. The thing that puzzles me is that my 3x great grandad Georg Coffman didnt pass...
  11. Rachel Morgan

Group photos

George Coffman was my uncle, he died in 1953 at age 9, does anyone remember him please x
  12. Rachel Morgan

Catherine Coffman

Thank you Lady Penelope, most appreciated x
  13. Rachel Morgan

Catherine Coffman

Barbara was Catherine’s daughter, she was born out of wedlock so she was raised by her grandparents. Do you have an image of the electoral roll information for 1950 and 1955, I am searching on Find My Past and cant seem to find her
  14. Rachel Morgan

Catherine Coffman

That is interesting, George and Kate were her parents yes, I have found her on the 1939 census at the mental institution in Coleshill. I didn’t realise that she moved back home and was resident there in 1950. The story was told that my great grandparents (George and Kate) disowned Catherine...
  15. Rachel Morgan

Catherine Coffman

Hi everyone I was wondering if anyone remembers a Catherine Coffman? She was homeless in Birmingham city centre after being let out of Coleshill Hall (mental institution) she’s a distant relative of mine and I would like to find out what happened to her. She was born in 1916, would really like...
  16. Rachel Morgan

Where Can I Find More Information On A Criminal Record?

Can I ask how you accessed the information in the picture? I am also hoping to find criminal proceeding information, haven’t been able to find any trace of it in the newspapers
  17. Rachel Morgan

Dennis Road County Primary School

Ahhhh that’s a lovely pic, still looking for anyone who knew Robert Morris who attended from 1958-1961 if anyone remembers him?
  18. Rachel Morgan

Dennis Road Secondary Modern Boys School

Request for school photos for 1958-1961 please Hi I was wondering if anyone has any pictures from Dennis Road school for around the dates above? Or maybe where im able to find some from please? Thank you
  19. Rachel Morgan

Dennis Road Secondary Modern Boys School

This is the Dennis Road School cricket team, taken in 1958
  20. Rachel Morgan

Dennis Road County Primary School

This is the cricket team from Dennis Road School taken in 1958
Back