• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. D

Court Farm Primary Tedbury Crescent School Erdington

Lady P., yes she's there, just not in fancy dress. If you look at the boy at the end of the front row with his arms folded, LHS as you look at it, my pretty sister is just behind his left shoulder in the cardigan with horizontal stripes. Then behind Dianne is (one of the) BO Peeps. Hope that...
  2. D

Lady P, It doesn't look like Dianne (Shelley) was in fancy dress. She's towards the left hand side, as you look at it, second row in the cardigan with horizontal stripes, just in front of Little Bo Peep. The only additional one she can name is Hazel Soden, end of second row, standing in front...
  3. D

That's right Lady P, amazing what comes back to mind with a little prompting. I can picture him; old long raincoat and flat cap.
  4. D

Morturn, We lived in the first pair of semi's after The Leopard. You can see the end wall of the first house in Lady P's photo, ours was the adjoining house, 'two doors down' from the Leopard. The two semis formed a temporary fire station during the war, on the back wall you could see the...
  5. D

Morturn, yes, I'd forgotten the gardens (roses - yes?) and bowling green which was eventually absorbed into the rest of the park. There was a natural deference to even minor officials in those days. Can't see one nice old fella keeping order and telling kids not to ride their bikes in the park...
  6. D

Hello Lady P, I'll ask my sister Dianne if she can add any names to the photo. She is in it but not 'the pretty blonde girl', only by virtue of not being blonde I hasten to add (she'll be reading this!). I'm not sure where in Goosemoor lane they lived but the sisters were Denise (b.1951) &...
  7. D

Hello, my first posting on this thread - be gentle with me! I just wanted to share one of those 'small world innit' coincidences but first my Court Farm credentials. Started in 1955 and my teachers in more or less the right order were: (Miss/Mrs/Mr) Keeping, Gilbert, Jones - lovely lady, wooden...
Back