• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. I

H SAMUELS HUNTERS ROAD BRIDGE AND CLOCK GONE

The clock still exists, it is mounted on the wall of the staff canteen
  2. I

Gameson cycles

I have my Fathers Gameson frame from the 50s which he used to race on. Along with my moms Holdsworth frame.
  3. I

Springhill Ice rink Summerhill Road

Keith I remember Dad mentioning your name from his days at Springhill along with Art. Below is couple with Dad in and Mom, Dad also did alot of cycling. Last picture was 1953 at Earlswood.
  4. I

Meat Johnny Morris in 82 when he was catering manager at Birmingham Silver Blades, he and my dad went on the Afteernoon session .
  5. I

Glad it jogged the the memory cells. Dad often talked of his time at Birmingham, still have one of his hockey sticks and his skates.
  6. I

Ah Reg WILLIAMS, dad passed away in 1985, mom still alive but has dementia. Ice hockey still carried on in family though, I play rec hockey at Telford and my son plays U11 for Telford.
  7. I

My Father Harold Fairfax wedding to my Mother Margaret Brown and best Man Johnny Morris 1952
  8. I

My father, Harold, doing his national service early 50s. Rememer dad mentioning a few that appear in picture reg, teddy, Ron. Going in skates over to pub for drinks and such antics as running the boards.
  9. I

Hi my mom and dad met at the Old rink and married. Johny Morris was best man. My Dad was Harold Fairfax mother Margaret Brown. Dad passed away in 1985 but mom still going strong at 85.
Back