• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. L

fowler street

There was a non-denominational church and Sunday school, run by Mr Henry. I don’t remember a club, though my brothers might, but the church ran outings. We went to Wicksteed Park a few times.
  2. L

fowler street

Hi I’m Lynn Ashton (well, I was then) and I’ve just found this thread. I lived at 23 Fowler Street in the 60’s, having moved from round the corner in Goodrick Street. We also went to Bloomsbury Primary School and the Bloomsbury Institute for Sunday School. My brothers were in the band and I was...
  3. L

Marsh Hill Girls Grammar Tech School

Great to see the report, Vivienne. It was obviously a quiet news day! I remember the My Fair Lady rehearsals too, but I wasn’t involved. I was in the Upper Sixth by then and (allegedly) much too busy revising for A Levels.
  4. L

I've also dug out a form photo, must be 4th or 5th Year, so that makes it 1967 or 1968. I'm on the front row fourth from the right, still with my winter uniform on (I hated the summer dresses). I remember having to wear my school cardigan until there were holes in the elbows, because they were...
  5. L

Yes. I think so, though my memory's terrible! The whole of my programme was signed by various people.
  6. L

Hi, I’ve just found this thread and I remember being in this production. I was an unnamed lady in waiting, but ended up playing Nerissa, Portia’s friend. Here is the character list from the programme. I’m the L. Ashton (Lynn) under ‘Other servants’. The newspaper photo isn’t very clear on my...
  7. L

General Wolfe Public House

Final General Wolfe picture, outside the pub with my dad, Dennis Ashton, my mum and me, Lynn.
  8. L

And here is a picture of the General Wolfe darts team.
  9. L

Hi, have just come across this General Wolfe thread. My dad, Dennis Ashton, was licensee between 1953 and 1956. I’m hoping I can post a picture of him behind the bar (along with an unknown man, presumably a customer) I was 4 when we left and can remember playing among the crates of empties in...
Back